Chemical analyses services
The laboratory, located in company’s Neutralization Premises, operates according to standard SR EN ISO/CEI 17025:2005 and is RENAR certified.
For accurate analysis, specialists working here have the state of the art equipment. Laboratory tests carried out ensure internal needs:
- monitoring and waste disposal certification in own facilities;
- waste identification and monitoring at decontamination works carried out at customers;
- specialized assistance when developing new technologies etc.
as well as for customers’ requests:
- identification of wastes to establish the best disposal technology/method;
- monitoring of parameters of disposal plants operating at customer’s premises;
- accurate determination of contamination degree for soil, waste waters, oils in electrical equipments, sludge etc.
For works developed at customer, SETCAR has two mobile laboratories equipped with independent ventilation system, electricity and water, furniture, scale table, etc. These laboratories are provided with devices depending on customer’s requirements where environment works are developed.
- Determination of heavy metals concentration (Cr, Cu, Zn, Fe, Pb, Cd, Ni, Co, Hg, As, Sb, Sn, Mn, V, W, Mo, Au, Ag, Pt etc.) from solid and liquid samples;
- Determination of PCB (polychlorinated biphenyls) from liquid and solid samples;
- Determination of ions concentration (phosphates, total phosphorus, nitrates, nitrites, sulphates, cyanides, chlorides, ammonia, total nitrogen, phenols, water hardness, Ca, Mg etc.) from waste waters;
- Determination of oxygen chemical consumption (OCC-Cr) and total organic carbon (TOC) from liquid and solid samples;
- Determination of hydrocarbons content (TPH) or fat organic compounds (TOG) from solid and liquid samples;
- Determination of petroleum hydrocarbons content in soils;
- Determination of water and sediments content in oil;
- Determination of pH, conductivity, salinity, TDS, dissolved oxygen, total substance density in suspension, petroleum ether recoverable substances, identification of unknown substances etc.
Gas cromatograph – provided with a µECD detector, aimed to establish the composition (qualitative and quantitative) of halogenated organic derivates.
Spectrophotometer with atomic absorption – provided with flame, oven and hydrides; all metals can be determined by flame emmission or absorption (Ni, Cd, Co, Cr, Pb, Fe, Zn, Cu, As, Hg, Sb, Sn, Mo etc.). Decomposition of solids is done in a microwave digestor.
Spectrophotometer UV-VIS – for determination of ions, metals, OCC-Cr, TOC concentration, turbidity of water etc.
Infrared Spectrophotometer – for determination of hydrocarbons (TPH) or fatty organic compounds (TOG) from various solid or liquid matrices.
X rays Spectrophotometer – to measure metals and some non-metals in various liquid and solid matrices.
Kit for determination of petroleum hydrocarbons in soils;
High accuracy sampling system and polarized light microscope, for monitoring asbestos in the air.
Instrumentation for gas analysis – Draeger vacuum, colourimetric vials, explosimerters etc.
Usual laboratory devices – analitycal and technical scales, drying chambers, pH-meters, centrifuges etc.