Decontamination services for industrial sites and plants
With an experience of more than 14 years in solving successfully the most various environment problems, SETCAR developed as main activity sector the decontamination of industrial plants and sites contaminated with hazardous waste.
Either the question of a fuel tank decontamination or an industrial installation or decontamination of an entire chemical plant, the problems appeared can be the most diversified ones. Therefore, most of possible scenario, depending on the work specific, customer’s requirements etc., impose a special approach of each case separately.
For the beginning, a careful analysis is needed for the specific situation on site, by taking into account – but not limited to – at least the following:
- types of hazardous waste contained in tanks, installations etc. and their danger degree – e.g. waste can be solid, liquid or semi-fluid, can be toxic, flammable, corrosive, can generate explosive atmosphere etc.;
- mode of taking over the hazardous waste – e.g. waste can be pumpable or taken only manually from installations, tanks etc.; certain fittings (pumps, technological circuits etc.) of the installation to be decontaminated can be put again into operation so that to make taking over more easy, or own equipment must be provided; installations or tanks are under pressure, requiring additional measures and operations etc.;
- methods used in decontamination work – e.g. different approach for the case when the installations, tanks etc. are to be dismantled, except the case when further putting into operation will follow;
- difficulty in extracting hazardous waste from tanks, installations etc. – e.g. the emptying point of a liquid waste installation can be located in a basement with a difficult access; tanks under pressure with damaged emptying faucets etc.;
- difficult access to surfaces to be decontaminated – e.g. black oil tanks have the lower part with heating coils, the access behind them being very difficult; in other cases they are very tall, scaffolds needed to be mounted inside etc.;
- access to utilities (electricity, industrial water, steam etc.) – e.g. the impossibility to connect to the electrical grid needs own proper generator to be used etc.
- choosing the qualified personnel depending on the specific of the work – e.g. mounting an installation for hazardous waste treatment at the work site, which needs mechanics, electricians, welders etc. along with specialized personnel carrying out the real decontamination work;
- timing for project execution – e.g. completion of projects with an imposed timing needs a special approach in a correct sizing of the team and in choosing the associated logistics (equipment, tools, transport means etc.).
Based on this analysis, the technical offer is launched by meeting three basic criteria: choosing the best applicable technology, solving the environment problem in a safe manner, all these at an optimum cost for the beneficiary.
Putting into practice of a well documented technical offer, will lead automatically to a limitation of unexpected situations and, implicitly, to a good execution of decontamination works.
Hazardous waste resulted from decontamination (contaminated absorbent materials, contaminated PPE, used cleaning solutions etc.) will go through normal stages of taking over, packaging/repackaging, labelling, authorized transport, temporary storage and disposal.
Experience gained in developing more than 1000 decontamination works of most different types in the course of time – as it can partially be seen in the section “Main projects” – is our business card.