Hazardous waste disposal services
After presenting in previous sections, the stages hazardous waste go through from generator to disposer – taking over, packaging/repackaging, labelling, authorized transport and temporary storage, this page presents hazardous waste disposal.
This last stage which closes the waste circuit is, in fact, the most important one and represents the entire methods and physical, chemical and biological treatments applied to hazardous waste, aiming both potential risks and danger upon environment and human health and reduction of waste volume.
Hazardous waste disposal couldn’t be practically done without the existence of 3 very important factors and their interlinking – technology, technical endowment and qualified personnel. Therefore, together with the concept of own technology, normal stages for design, execution and certification of some plants designated to waste disposal, were performed:
- Plant for neutralization of discarded chemicals – for neutralization by chemical methods of a diversified range of liquid or solid hazardous waste;
- Plants dedicated to PCB waste disposal – described in section “Disposal of PCB electrical equipment”;
- Mobile unit for indirect thermal desorption (ITD) – for decontamination of soils contaminated with HCH, mercury, different volatile substances, phenols, PCB etc;
- Mobile unit for direct thermal desorption (DTD) – for decontamination of soils contaminated with hydrocarbons and/or other pollutants containing volatile compounds;
- Plant for screening and sorting of contaminated soils;
- Mobile plant for ammonia water treatment;
- Plant for tratment of hazardous waste contaminated waters;
- Mobile plant for waste water treatment, resulted from lagoons with petroleum waste;
- Mobile plant for petroleum sludge treatment – equipped with three-phase centrifuge and bi-phase separator;
- Plant for heavy metals disposal from waste waters;
- Plant for acid neutralization (sulphuric, hydrochloric, nitric etc.);
- Plant for cyanide disposal;
- Plant for white phosphorus disposal;
- Plant for disposal of solutions containing arsenic white and arsenic pentaoxide;
- Mobile unit for waste degasification and removal from containers or installations under pressure (bottles, tanks etc.);
- Plant for degasification of carbon sulphide waters and sludge;
- Plant for solvent distillation and recovery;
- Plant for decontamination of contaminated packages (plastic packages, drums, IBCs etc.);
- Plant for decontamination of cooling circuits with ammonia;
- Plant for decontamination of granular material (broken glass packages, ceramics etc.);
- Mobile plant for industrial decontamination;
- Plant for emulsion separation;
- Hall for soil bioremediation with controlled microclimate.
By the help of these facilities, SETCAR safely treats/disposes by chemical, physical, biological and thermal methods, a large range of hazardous wastes as it can be seen from the environment permits.