Solventul S.A. Timisoara
Services for decontamination of entire chemical plant – installations, tanks, buildings, concrete surfaces, technological network, scaffold bridges etc.; taking over and disposal of toxic and hazardous waste. The project was performed within May 2008 – June 2009 and involved the following activities:
- elaboration of procedures for decontamination of: installations (oxo-alcohols, flare, hydrogen peroxide, vinegar, oil etc.), scaffold bridges, railway station, Thermal Station, water treatment plant etc.; Among them we mention as very complex and dangerous being “Procedure for decontamination of 2 reactors within oxo-alcohols station”. The 2 reactors, with sizes of 1.5m in diameter and 20m high, were full with nickel pyrophoric catalyst (self ignition in contact with air) purged in octanol. Due to the danger of explosion at air input in reactors, they were sealed and shielded. Therefore, in order to deactivate the catalyst and empty the reactors, the work was developed in inert nitrogen medium, for 4 days period;
- taking over, packaging, labelling, authorized transport, temporary storage and disposal of waste from storages, installations, tanks, as well as waste resulted from decontamination (plastifiers, alcohols, oil waste, contaminated soil, discarded chemicals, sodium hydroxide etc.);
- industrial water treatment from basins and tanks;
- decommissioning of installations in order to facilitate the decontamination works;
- decontamination of installations (oxo-alcohols, flare, hydrogen peroxide, plastifiers, vinegar, oil etc.), buildings, concrete surfaces, technological network, scaffold bridges, railway station, Thermal Station, water treatment plant etc.;
- collection, packaging, labelling, authorized transport, temporary storage and disposal of the waste spread all over plant area – mineral wool, asbestos cement, glass, soil contaminated with various waste etc.
Project in figures:
- total quantity of treated water – over 300 m3;
- total quantity of waste taken, transported and disposed – over 700 tons;
- decontaminated tanks – over 50 pcs.;
- total length of decontaminated pipes – over 300 km;
- metallic and concrete decontaminated surfaces – over 4,000 sqm.